Wednesday, May 12, 2010

New Ideas - My entry way!

The first official day of NO SCHOOL!!  I am SO amazed at how much I got done with 2 extra helpers around!!

Since I have been working on my entry way for close to a year now, I am finally to a point where I can share a little with you =)!  So, here goes!

I applied texture to the top tan part before painting to cover my bad mudding job (I was trying to cover up holes and such).  The bottom part -chocolate brown -had been wallpaper border.  Since I didn't feel like painting perfectly between the 2 colors, I applied a 2" strip of wall vinyl in beige color.  This was SOO easy plus saved a HUGE amount of time!  Next, I used my red circles to decorate the tan area.
Again, this was quick, affordable and easy!  Forget about $50-$100 framed prints and swags that collect dust.  I might add a few more circles yet but I'm not sure.
Next, I tried red wording on the chocolate strip.  That was my plan - wording on the chocolate stripe.  But, as you can see, the red wording didn't show up real well.
So, I decided to peel that off and go with tan wording.  I really wanted to fill the whole chocolate stripe anyway so it was a good excuse to start over.  Today, I finally got around to designing the wording and putting it up - ALL in one day!  Pretty impressive!  Anyway, I got one side of the entry way done.  I am still debating on the other side - do I want the exact same wording or a different saying but the same font OR a totally different saying and font.  HMM -lots of decisions!
So, here is what I have done so far!  What do you think?  I kind of like it, SO FAR!  I always have to look at things for a few days for a final decision.
The wording was Hermosa font, tan color and it took up 2 sheets, although I pieced together 5 different pieces so I could save on sheets of vinyl.
Remember, the drawing for a personalized tile is still open; so leave your comments or become a follower to be eligible for the drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment