Saturday, May 8, 2010

Best quality vinyl - PROOF!

HI!  I just have to quickly share this with you!!  This is such clear proof of what I was saying in an earlier post about making sure you are getting HIGH quality INDOOR vinyl. 
When I started working with vinyl, I bought the first vinyl I found, without research.  That was a glossy finish vinyl.  When I went to decorate my twins' room, I chose turquoise and lime -colors that could be used for boy or girl since I have one of each.  Well, I had lime in my MATTE finish indoor vinyl but the turquoise I had was left over glossy finish vinyl.  Since I am a cheap Dutchman, I chose to use up both kinds and combine them!
Now, almost a year later, I have CLEAR proof of what is the best vinyl.  The glossy finish vinyl has been peeling at the edges for some time already.  The matte finish vinyl is still adhered PERFECTLY!
PLUS... the kids got a hold of a set of shapes and pulled them off the wall.  This didn't upset me since I plan to redo their room this summer with a border and dots.  Anyway, when I found the pieces they pulled off, I was amazed to see the difference on the back side!!  The glossy finish vinyl had specks of paint stuck to it.  The matte finish lime vinyl was perfectly clean!  You know the kids did not GENTLY pull it off the wall, either.  So here is a photo of the 2 pieces they pulled off - the specks on the turquoise are specks of paint.  So REMEMBER -ALWAYS use MATTE finish INDOOR vinyl when working with your indoor walls!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment