Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Musings of my New Office Decor Plans

office desk decor idea
new desk idea via Pinterest
After spending time (too much time, as always) on Pinterest looking up office decor, I think I have come to a desk idea conclusion for my new office.  Check out the pin HERE

 My new office won't be large and will have 2 windows and a doorway. Mainly, for furniture, it will just be my desk area.  I do require quite a bit of desk area ....due to my messy, papers strewn all over, organization problem.  =)

Next comes our color scheming... For now I am thinking only of my office.  When I asked for suggestions on our Facebook page, Gray and Yellow was a great suggestion.

Gray and Yellow are commonly associated with Chevron Stripes, which I love also!  The color scheme in the photo has a lot of white, which looks neat and fresh but I am pretty sure it won't look so neat and fresh in my real life.

I'm a work-at-home mom just moving my business from my basement to our new shop in the backyard; so I will still have my children stopping frequently for visits = a few messes, I am sure.

I think the walls can be a soft gray color.  Then we will replace the white part of the desk in the photo with a darker shade of gray. That would leave the top of the desk a nice bright cheery yellow or maybe a muted pastel yellow.

This office desk idea caught my eye because I think its quite do-able - affordable yet usable.  I have an old desk that I want to repaint - it's metal so I will be learning a new painting technique for that.

Then I will find someone to help me mount bookshelves on top of the desk, attached to the wall.  The bookshelves can have crown molding applied to the top for decoration. The rest of the L shape part should be simple to put together with some wood, good sanding and then a layer of polyurethane.

We can easily make the Chevron Stripes as office wall stickers - I haven't decided whether to apply them on an entire wall or just inside of the bookshelves.  Maybe chevron stripes on the inside of the shelves and then Metallic Silver Vintage Floral Medallions wall stickers on the wall?

What do you think?  We would LOVE to hear your thoughts and suggestions - comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment