Friday, May 4, 2012

Repurposed Drawer Bottoms - Mom/Grandma Sticker Quote

I had to share this last-minute item I made for the craft show tomorrow

Recently we bought new dressers for some of the children's rooms.  The old dressers were not a real high quality and you know how things last with children... not so well always!  Or is just my children?  Anyway, since I am so "Dutch" and don't like to throw away what I might use someday - I kept some of the drawers.  One of the drawer bottoms had come all the way out which gave me the idea to apply a Wall Sticker Quote to it!  I had my hubby rip all the rest of the drawer bottoms out.

Since it's Mother's Day soon and I am trying to "clean up", I made use of the drawer bottoms sitting around.  The one pictured above is my favorite and may end up at Mom's house if it doesn't sell (don't tell her!).

The drawer bottoms were stapled together in places.  Since this drawer bottom showed, on the front, the ripped out markings, I added a distressed look to it.  I used a hammer to add more nicks; then I sanded all the edges down.  Don't you love it?!  Ok, maybe it's just me....  I usually screw 3-4 things up before I get one effect that I like! 

I also have one featured below with a Family Subway Art sticker.  This sticker can be found on our Family Wall Sayings page, sized at 24" x 10" for $13 or 36" x 15" for $38.

No comments:

Post a Comment