Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Kitchen Wall Decor - a great snowy day project

Here we are again in the middle of winter... LOTS of snow... and plenty of snow days!  Well, I kind of enjoy them!  As long as everyone is safe and sound, that is!  We usually use our snow days for something different - different routine - for sure, sleeping in, etc.  So here is what I did on a recent snow day:

NEW Kitchen Wall Decor:
My 3rd Grader with her "wonderful" reading skills, did a first read-through, "Never trust a skinny crook."  Yep, that will work too =). 

This wall saying assuages my guilt at this horrible time of year when I am supposed to be losing weight and hating every minute of it!

This was the larger size of this Kitchen Wall Saying - 20"H x 16"W

It doesn't show in the photo, but I have a apple/basket/birdhouse border at the top of the wall.  The red matched perfectly with the red in the border!

The walls in my kitchen are textured boards.  Since the walls are rough, it was a little trickier to apply this wall saying.  Basically, the rougher the surface, the more patience you need at application.  So I have a few tiny spots that didn't adhere properly or may have gotten a little stretched.  But they don't show and I am positive it will not fall down. 

In this spot, I will be testing how easily it is to clean.  I don't have a hood above my stove, so I know this wall area can get splattered or greasy quite easily.  But this vinyl is washable, so no worries there.  I will just need to be careful not to hook a loose spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment